Welcome to a very special Festive Feature on my blog, where every day up until Christmas some of my favourite authors will be sharing what they love most about the festive season, including their favourite films, food, music, presents, memories, books…Plus much more!
HUGE excitement. Not only is Christmas just over two weeks away but today I have the lovely Aven Ellis giving us the lowdown on what she loves the most about the most wonderful time of the year…
When Holly asked for holiday-themed posts, I jumped at the chance. Because I love Holly. And we share a mutual love of fashion. So I knew I was going to write about Holiday Fashion the second I opened her email with the details for the feature.
Fashion plays a role in all my books, like another character. So I’m a student of it. I always have a stash of fashion magazines, I’m pinning fashions on Pinterest, and I’m watching Project Runway every season with anticipation of what fashions will be created. Obsessed? Perhaps.
Now we are approaching a big time for fashion-the holiday season. Every woman needs some sparkle at this time of year, and here are some of my favorites I’ve found so far.
1. The Faux Leather Pencil Skirt. I love this for the holidays! Very chic with tights, heels, and a sweater. Sleek and sophisticated.
2. The color Chianti. I’m seeing this a lot, and I love it! It’s rich. Can be worn beautifully with grey for a “not black” option.
3. Sequins. What is a holiday without sequins? One combo I’ve seen that is fun is a sequined skirt with a denim shirt. Unexpected fun. Not sure about doing a sequined dress or skirt? Try them on a scarf for a more subtle pop of sparkle.
4. Feathers. I love these for extra flair. A feathered skirt just brings the fun, you know?
5. A festive perfume. The perfume is the icing on your fashion cake. A scent for the season, like Jo Malone’s Nutmeg & Ginger perhaps?
So these are my fashion thoughts for the season. What will you be wearing to sparkle this holiday?
That’s my Christmas wardrobe SORTED! Thanks Aven, I love you too! ♥
But writing about city council meetings and restaurant franchises was not as much fun as writing for young women trying to figure out their careers and potential boyfriends. So Aven got herself a job in television that allowed her to write at night. Connectivity is Aven’s debut novel; Waiting For Prince Harry and Chronicles of a Lincoln Park Fashionista (New Adult romantic comedy) will be published next year.
Aven lives in Dallas with her family. When she is not writing, Aven enjoys shopping, cooking, connecting with friends on social media, and watching any show that features Gordon Ramsay.