Olivia Logan ‘The Tycoon’s Wager’ Blog Tour
Movies, dates and all that’s in between…
Thanks so much for hosting me on your blog Holly!
One of the things I really loved about writing this book was thinking up different dates for CJ and Jack to go on. More importantly the originality he thinks he puts into the dates to impress her but she actually isn’t. The first date he takes her on is to a movie. This is a pretty standard first date according to most people. However he takes her to a movie premiere! I, for one, would have been pretty impressed to be taken on a date like this. CJ isn’t and is in fact, not only unimpressed by the film but by the very idea of going to a film in general as in her view this takes away the dating element of the date as you can’t even talk to each other.
This got me thinking about films, romance in particular, that CJ would enjoy and helped me to compile my top ten romance films in no particular order.
- Dirty Dancing- “Nobody puts Baby in the corner” Classic!
- Animal Attraction – Hilarious Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman banter. And it’s Hugh Jackman. Need I say more.
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past – Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner= sizzling chemistry
- French Kiss – Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline have great chemistry as they each discover the true meaning of love.
- Austenland – Swoon alongside Kerri Russell as she falls for JJ Field’s character who is a modern take on Mr.Darcy.
- Pride and Prejudice – especially the Laurence Olivier and Greta Garbo version.
- (OK so technically this is not a film but…) Dr. Quinn (especially the Pilot Episode) – the chemistry between Dr. Mike and Sully makes you swoon.
- The Notebook- Watch it and I won’t ever have to explain…EVER! (Basically any book/film by Nicholas Sparks)
- Barefoot – It’s quirky and cute.
- (Again another one I am counting although it is only 7 mins for this scene) Up- omg! You will cry!
What is your favourite romantic flick?
A huge thank you to Olivia for having me on board the blog tour for The Tycoon’s Wager. ♥
Publisher- Crimson Romance
Release Date: 23 March 2015
To boost ratings and save her radio show, agony aunt CJ Stratt has no choice but to agree to a publicity proposition from London’s renowned playboy Jack Harper. They’ll go on eight dates, which she’ll tweet about to prove he’s not the unreliable wastrel he’s been painted as in the press.
Jack’s desperate to squelch his irresponsible image to insure that the business deal that could make or break his career goes smoothly. He’s willing to do anything, including dating this quirky DJ with pastel-colored hair and a sassy mouth.
Jack knows seduction, but he has no idea how to love. Love is CJ’s business, yet she has never been seduced.
Somehow, this business just got personal …
Barnes and Noble
Olivia Logan lives in the ever sunny UK where if she’s not writing her latest romance, she’s planning the next one.
Olivia loves to hear from her readers. Contact her on:
Or follow her on twitter @Olivia_Logan_