Fabulously Festive nibbles!
As the party season is well and truly upon us, I thought I’d share my favourite nibbles with you all! Being honest, I’m not much of a cook, but here’s what I hope to find on a Christmas buffet…
- Twiglets – I know they’re a bit controversial, but they’re one of my favourite party snacks!
- Cheese and cucumber sandwiches – I’m a vegetarian and my very favourite sandwiches are the party classic cheese and cucumber – cut into triangles!
- Pringles and dips – I have to limit myself when it comes to Pringles – once I pop, I definitely struggle to stop – but they are something I treat myself to at Christmas.
- Pretzel/Savoury mix – Yum!
- Pickles – Gherkins are my favourite, but beetroot and onions are delicious too.
- Salad – to balance out the bad stuff and make me feel all virtuous.
- Fresh bread rolls with real butter – enough said.
- Pizza – Toppings are all well and good, but Margarita is probably my first choice.
- Coleslaw and potato salad – I usually end up dipping my Pringles in coleslaw when I’ve underestimated how much dip I need.
- Onion Bhajis – as long as they’re not too spicy!
And for pudding –
It’s got to be mince pie with pouring cream for me. The mincemeat filling oozing out into the rich cream…that’s a combination beyond compare.
Merry Christmas, one and all!
The Boy under the Mistletoe
After working a busy Christmas Eve shift at her family’s flower shop, Chelsea can barely keep her eyes open for her Gran’s annual festive get-together. Can her Christmas dreams come true under the mistletoe?
A festive short story by romance author Katey Lovell, part of the Meet Cute series.
The Boy Under the Mistletoe is published in ebook format on December 17th 2015 by Harper Impulse, the digital first romance imprint of Harper Collins. It is available to preorder now.
Katey Lovell is fanatical about words. An avid reader, writer and poet, she once auditioned for Countdown and still tapes the show every night. Getting the conundrum before the contestants is her ultimate thrill.
She loves love and strives to write feel-good romance that’ll make you laugh and cry in equal measure.
Originally from South Wales, Katey now lives in Yorkshire with her husband and their seven year old son.
Find Katey online! Twitter – @katey5678, Facebook – www.facebook.com/kateylovell, Instagram – katey5678.