Top 10 show-stopping bakes
- Choffee cake (See the back of The Cosy Teashop for the recipe!)
- Dark chocolate and raspberry brownies (well in fact, most brownies really!)
- Fresh scones with jam and Cornish clotted cream – I was raised in Cornwall, so it has to be Cornish cream!
- Victoria sponge with fresh cream and strawberries
- Lemon drizzle
- Homemade caramel shortcake
- Banoffee Pie ( I do actually make a great one of these!) Could pass on the recipe if you want!
- Chocolate fudge cake, served warm with ice-cream
- Bread and butter pudding – especially for my husband
- Sticky Toffee pudding – my daughter’s absolute favourite
- Coffee and walnut cake
(I know there are 11 – but you can never have too much cake!)
A huge thank you to Caroline Roberts & Hayley at HarperImpulse. ♥
When Ellie Hall lands her dream job running the little teashop in the beautiful but crumbling Claverham Castle, it’s the perfect escape from her humdrum job in the city. Life is definitely on the rise as Ellie replaces spreadsheets for scones, and continues her Nanna’s brilliant baking legacy.
When Lord Henry, the stick-in-the-mud owner, threatens to burst her baking bubble with his old-fashioned ways, Ellie wonders if she might have bitten off more than she can chew. But cupcake by cupcake she wins the locals over, including teashop stalwart, Doris, and Ellie’s showstopping bakes look set to go down in castle history!
Now all that’s missing in Ellie’s life is a slice of romance – can Joe, the brooding estate manager, be the one to put the cherry on the top of Ellie’s dream?